- Task Definition
- Information Seeking Strategies
- Location and Access
- Use of Information
It's all about "inquiry based learning." There is a ton of information on this subject online, so there really isn't much for me to add. Just start checking out some of these helpful resources.
- http://www.big6.com/ (The Mother Ship)
- http://nb.wsd.wednet.edu/big6/big6_resources.htm#downloads (So many downloadable resources here to check out!)
- http://livebinders.com/shelf/search?search=&start=0&terms=Project+Based+Learning&type=all (This is a link to a collection of binders that teachers have put together. Resources from those who actually use them--the best kind.)
- http://pblchecklist.4teachers.org/checklist.shtml (This is an easy to use checklist generator that would come in handy for that all-important step number 6 . . . evaluation.)
Remember that having your students create a technology-based project doesn't always mean a PowerPoint. There are so many wonderful, free alternatives. Prezi is one that immediately comes to mind. If you haven't seen a Prezi or used the site, it is certainly worth the effort to check it out.